Saturday, April 9, 2011

When in Rome

When in Rome
Dir. Mark Steven Johnson
54/300

This movie kept getting recommended to me by Netflix, and looked funny enough. It wasn't until I had spent a full day watching Las Vegas reruns that I finally decided to finish the day with it.

I kind of thought that this was going to be pretty much an escapist girly movie, which it was. Lately, though those have all been pretty much same-ol', same-ol'. So, I didn't expect much, nor at the time did I want too much. Meaning of course that it wasn't a criterion kind of day for me. So, when I got something that wasn't over stimulating yet pretty entertaining, I was happy.

This has a couple pretty good actors in a cute romantic comedy situation. Putting it partly in Rome and a lot in the Gutenburg made for some pretty composition. The supporting cast was a pretty entertaining and random group of well known actors as well, making for a lot of, "Hey, I didn't know he was in this..." moments. It was extremely watchable, holding the cheesy lines to a minimum. Overall a pretty fun little movie.

91 + 5730 = 5821

No comments:

Post a Comment