Friday, April 29, 2011

All The Real Girls

All The Real Girls
Dir. David Gordon Green
63/300

This movie was lent to me by Mr. Gasser along with Breathless and Man Bites Dog.  Appreciate the help to my goal, man!

I really liked this movie.  I'm not sure what did it for me, really, but as a whole, I enjoyed the view.  The characters were pretty fleshed out and it was definitely an interestingly diverse cast ranging from Deschanel to McBride.  But they all seemed to work together.  It was a pretty believable ecosystem.

As strange as some of the serious moments could have been (ie. the heart to heart with Paul's mother about why she has to be a clown), this movie remained down to earth and watchable.  And over-all you could feel like filmmaker make you pull for a happy ending without realizing how wrapped up in the movie you were getting.

A really good movie though.  Would definitely recommend this to anyone that likes fractured love stories or buildingsroman type storylines.

108 + 6498 = 6606

No comments:

Post a Comment