Sunday, April 3, 2011

Me and Orson Welles

Me and Orson Welles
Dir. Richard Linklater
43/300

I really didn't know what to expect with this movie.  With Zac Efron being the lead, I was worried.  I had really only seen a little bit of 17 Again, and had felt like the comedy was poorly written and the movie in general was revisited material that seems to be redone on almost a yearly basis anymore.  So, I wasn't expecting much out of him, but he surprised me with an amazing performance. I suppose the later wasn't really his fault.

I'm not completely certain as to how much of this is based in truth.  All I can seem to find is that the run of that show was accurate to that time period.  What I was more curious about was how much of a diva Orson Welles really was.  I know I have heard about him being pretty full of himself, but that's sort-of to be expected.  He's just over the top.  Which makes for a good movie, but I'd really like to know how much research the writers did, and how much creative licensing they took to create his character.

Either way, this was a very good period piece, with some very good costuming and acting.  Kudos to my fellow Austinite.

114 min + 4512 = 4626

No comments:

Post a Comment