Sunday, April 3, 2011

Post Grad

Post Grad
Dir. Vicky Jenson
41/300

Sometimes I wonder how I get lulled into wanting to see movies like this one.  I think when this movie came out, I had just graduated college.  So, the trailers telling of a time in a girl's life where things were uncertain, and work is so hard to find, spoke to me.  But I was also very broke back then, and didn't make it to see the movie when it may have been a little more relevant.

Instead, I watched this movie much like the way I sometimes thumb through a 17 magazine now.  I couldn't give it my full attention because I couldn't take it seriously when I did.  And I gave a little chuckle to the light humor, almost to humor it.

It wasn't that this movie was all that bad.  It wasn't great, I just wasn't in it's target audience anymore.  Although, I feel like the target was a little skued.  The girl everyone was to be relating with was a college grad being played by someone that could have been mistaken for a high school one.  But the relationship also was pretty downplayed.  I feel like I may have enjoyed it when I was in high school, but the whole obstacle of the difficulty of finding work in a tough economy would have been lost on me then, and I would have been watching more for the progression of the relationship.  Which was pretty slow.  So, overall, not a great watch.

Run Time  88 min + 4330 = 4418

No comments:

Post a Comment