Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Rules.

4/300
Rules of Attraction
Dir. Roger avery

So, this was a double feature night at my apartment with the movie previously blogged about, Wild at Heart, but was very different.  I can def see where this movie fits into a "must see" category though in the grand scheme of things, especially for a filmmaker.  Although, i really don't have much to say about it.  Don't get me wrong, I loved the movie.  The pacing was very good, and the characters were well developed, and they all seemed to get just what was coming to them, with the exception of Lauren, i would debate, .  maybe, it was just a lot to digest when I wasn't ready for it.

I was very taken aback about how quickly this movie changed from what looks like a college flick that's very two dimensional to a very deep and ironic movie that had something to say about the college experience.  The case seemed to imply i was about to watch She's all That or something of the same capacity, but went somewhere completely unexpected.  At times, it seemed to turn back to wink at that type of movie too which would make me start to worry that it was about to stop, but then, it'd turn right back around and go racing forward into one of their backstories leading up to the end of the world party.  Anyway, a beautifully handled film.

Rock'n Roll.



Run time 110 min + 367 = 477

No comments:

Post a Comment