Saturday, February 26, 2011

I'll tell ya why we don't have girlfriends in three words. Women. Are. Morons.


17/300
Strictly Sexual
Dir. Joel Viertel

So, I'm not sure how many other people have in fact seen this movie, because I had never heard of it, and probably with good reason.  I think I need to get back to the recommendations, because I'm not sure it even fits with the whole idea of "I can't believe you've never seen that".  But nonetheless, if anyone has, I can talk about this awkward watch at a dinner party, and shock someone.

To fill anyone in that has not seen it, this movie is pretty much about two lonely rich girls who decide to pick up some prostitutes at a hotel bar, and it turns out, the morning after, the boys are not hoes.  So, they awkwardly storm out, but then try to come back for the cash, since they are pretty well broke in LA, with no place to live.  The  girls see the opportunity to keep them as sex slaves in exchange for room and board in their pool house.  Of course, from here, the movie is a dialogue on what is wrong with society, love, and the opposite sex from both perspectives.  And concludes with a fairly easy to predict ending.

I couldn't stop thinking during the entire movie how much Kirsten Kerr looked just like Olivia Wilde and how I had thought I had seen the other girl somewhere.  Turns out, she was in Buffy a while back. Otherwise, no one I really recognized being billed.

The movie as a whole, didn't seem to be just like anything else I had ever seen.  It seemed to take on a racy topic, and make it not seem quite so bad.  Otherwise, really nothing too noteworthy.  Not fantastic acting, not extremely catchy writing, and nothing really that kept my attention 100%.  I had been slightly considering changing the hulu selection a couple different times during the view.   Just sort of Ho-Hum.

Run time 99 min + 1883 = 1982 min.

2 comments:

  1. This movie actually does ridiculously well on Hulu just because sex is in the title.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was actually curious as to why it popped up so often. Sad that that's all you need anymore to get people curious.

    ReplyDelete