Friday, May 20, 2011

Indiana Jones Double Feature

Temple of Doom
and
The Last Crusade
Dir. Steven Spielberg
67-68/300

I had hit up Raiders of the Lost Ark a couple months ago, not for this project, but just to see and of course, loved it.  I don't know how much it had to do withHarrison Ford just after Star Wars with that kind of freshness, or it was that Spielberg blockbusters never cease to impress me.  Either way, all of the Indiana Jones movies were really fun.

To me, since I had never seen any of them before, it was like realizing your best friend has some kind of super power that they had just failed to mention.  The dvds were always on the shelf, but I never really ever thought to put them in the player.  Bad analogy, but you know what I mean.  Pretty nice find.  

So, to the movies themselves.  If you haven't seen the last two films because the first one just wasn't quite doing it for you, DEFINITELY see the second one.  And yes, for anyone out there that was wondering, Temple of Doom is my fav.  Why? You ask?  Short Round.  The kid provides just the right amount of comedy to the adventure mix to really keep me entertained.  Sadly enough, he just kind of magically appears in the second movie, and then just disappears in the third.  And oddly, it's never really even talked about in the second movie.  

I guess that left me kind of wondering about the timeline of Indiana Jones.  Do the movies happen in order?  If you go by the dates at the beginning of the movies, they're chronological.  But I guess to me for some reason, Dr. Jones seems more mature and a little more settled down in the second one.  I guess it doesn't really make any difference, but just food for thought.

"I keep telling you, you listen to me more, you live longer!"

118+127+ 6886 = 7131

No comments:

Post a Comment