Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Couple's Retreat

Couple's Retreat
Dir. Peter Billingsley
34/300

Boo to being done with South by Southwest posts, but I guess there's always next year.
Onward to 3 random movies I caught on HBO one afternoon. :)

Couple's Retreat was somehow a movie I never actually went out to see nor ever sat through in it's entirety on any one occasion.  But, now I've seen it, and I'm not quite sure what I got from the viewing on a filmmaking level.  The acting wasn't amazing, but it wasn't terrible.  It seemed to just be a lot of character acting, and Vince Vaughn being his normal Vince Vaughn character.  And it began making me think Kristen Bell managed to get herself to a point in her career that she picks and chooses her projects by what beachy location they'll be on (since just the year before, she did Forgetting Sarah Marshall).

Being a filmmaker on a very tight budget most times, you can find yourself being less and less impressed by movies with an approximate $60 million budget.  But, fortunately, I'm not quite to pretentious to enjoy a little escapist cinema now and again.

The movie was pretty funny.  Not on the same level as many of Vaughn's other films (ie Dodgeball, Anchorman, and the Wedding Crashers).

Run Time 113 min + 3500 = 3613 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment